Karen M. Sweet joined the staff of the Geauga County Prosecutor’s Office as a Criminal Investigator in February of 2005.
Officer Sweet is a graduate of Kent State University and the Cleveland Heights Police Academy and began her career in 1989. She has worked in all aspects of law enforcement from working road patrol to being a detective and Senior Special Agent, and from investigating financial fraud cases to large scale drug trafficking and homicide cases.
As an investigator in the Geauga County Prosecutor’s Office, Officer Sweet performs a wide variety of duties:
- She routinely provides on-call assistance to all law enforcement agencies in the county with investigations including, interviews, interrogation, surveillance, preparing affidavits/search warrants, etc.
- She provides daily assistance to the Prosecutor and Assistant Prosecutors by running criminal history checks, generally following up on cases, preparing criminal cases for grand jury, preparing cases for trial.
- She investigates criminal cases that are directly assigned by the Prosecutor
- She administers the U.S. Marshall Violent Fugitive Task Force Grant and the Ohio Criminal Justice Services Grant.
- She serves criminal subpoenas, and subpoenas bank/telephone/cell phone/utility records for criminal cases.
- She conducts surveillance
- She receives crime tips and complaints.
IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO HAS COMMITTED A CRIME OR PLANS TO COMMIT A CRIME
contact your local police department or leave a Crime Tip for Officer Sweet.
To contact Officer Karen M. Sweet directly, please call: (440) 279-2111.